FaceTime is a video and audio chatting platform developed by Apple Inc.
It allows iPhone users to communicate with one another through the standard FaceTime video feature or using the audio feature.
How To Set Up FaceTime On iPhone
If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, FaceTime, much like iMessage, is activated automatically using your phone number, but you can also decide to use it with an email address instead.
Getting this app up and running on your device happens automatically after your iPhone is activated with a SIM card.
But if it doesn’t activate automatically or it’s been turned off, you can follow the steps below:
Head to settings > Facetime > then turn on Facetime
How to Make a FaceTime Audio or Video Call on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac
- Open the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the + button.
- Type the name, email address or the number of the person you want to call.
- Enter more names, email addresses or numbers if you want to make a group call.
- Tap Audio or Video to start your call.
How to Turn Off your Video While on a FaceTime Call
- Begin a video call.
- Then press the Home Button ( for iPhone 8 and older) then swipe up from the bottom of your screen ( for iPhone X and newer) to exit the app.
- Doing this will make your video to pause, though the other person will still hear you.
How to Use Siri to Place a FaceTime call
- Press and hold the Home button ( for iPhone 8 and older) or the Side button ( for iPhone X and newer), or say “Hey Siri” to activate Siri.
- Say “Facetime [recipient name].
FaceTime on Android
This is an iPhone app which can not be used to make or receive calls on android. There is no option to use FaceTime on Android, and there’s is not likely to be anytime soon.
iPhone to Android calls will need to use regular phone calls or other social media apps like Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, Houseparty, Facebook Messenger, and more.
If you feel there is anything you would like to post about this app, don’t hesitate to tell us via the comment box below.