You might be wondering if it’s possible to add a font to Google Docs in two simple ways. Well, it is possible.
Google Docs has a wide variety of fonts to choose from, but you may not have taken full advantage of these different styles on your Chromebook, Laptop, or Mac computer.
That’s because there are many more fonts that won’t appear in the main drop-down menu and there’s also an add-on you can install which gives you access to even more fonts.
Here are the methods used to add and use other fonts on Google Docs.
How To Add A Font To Google Docs
If you just want to gain access the additional fonts that are already available in Google Docs but don’t show up in the main font list you can easily do so by:
- Go to docs.new and open your document or start a new one.
- Click on “More Fonts” in the top toolbar ribbon this will prompt a pop-up window to appear.
- Select any other fonts you need from the left column, then click “Ok” when done. These fonts you selected will be added to your main list.
How To Add More Fonts To Google Docs Using Extensis Fonts
With Extensis Fonts, you can leverage hundreds of additional fonts on Google Docs.
- Download and install the Extensis Fonts add-on. Then click “Continue” to agree to the permissions.
- Choose the Google account you wish to associate with the add-on and then click “Allow” to continue to agree to the requirements.
- Now, reload your Google Doc and then click the “Add-ons” dropdown from the main toolbar, then click “Extensis Fonts” and then “Start.”
- Highlight your text you want to change the font and then select a font from the right sidebar.
See Also: How to Flip an Image in Google Docs
Other Fonts In Google Docs
DocTools is a free add-on for Google Docs that adds more than a dozen useful text features to your documents.
DocTools allows you to change case, adjust font sizes, change numbers to the equivalent words and vice-versa, add and remove the highlighting.
Download the add-on and play around with its abilities to see the amazing things you can do with this free tool.
Fun Text is an add-on that allows users to add all kinds of neat visual effects to your text. You can make your letters grow big or turn upside down. It’s really quite, well, fun.
- How To Delete Pages In Word
- Where Are Chrome Bookmarks Stored?
- How To Connect Airpods To Windows 10
- How To Clear Google Map History