How To Change Snapchat username. if you want to redefine how people see you then it’s time to change your Snapchat username.
Whether it’s to add something or change the pronunciation, so people will see a new name pop up each time you send them a snap.
Changing your Snapchat username can be either impossible or very easy depending on which name you want to change.
Your display name, which is the one people see when they interact with you, is easy to edit but your username which is your Snapchat unique ID can’t be changed once you have set it up.
However, without wasting any time, let us guide you on how to change your Snapchat display name and what options you have to change your Snapchat username.
See Also: How To Save Snapchat Videos And Pictures
How To Change Snapchat Username
There are two different ways to change your Snapchat username but neither is particularly convenient.
The first option is effective only when you first set up your Snapchat account as the app will automatically generate a username for you but at this point, it gives you the option to change it.
If you can come up with a unique username that is not already in use then you use that.
Once your Snapchat account has been set up, the only option of getting a new username is to set up a new account.
This is not recommended because you will lose your friends, streak, and preferences but it’s the only option you have.
Basically, it’s impossible to change your Snapchat username without losing your account. But you might be looking to change your Snapchat display name which is possible and very easy.
How To Change Your Snapchat Display Name
Changing your Snapchat display name is a very easy task and will likely take you less than a minute unless you are going to take a long time picking a new name.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Click on your profile icon in the top left from the main screen which will show your face as it’s the screen you use to take pictures.
This will take you to your account, then click the cog icon in the top right.
- Now you are in the settings menu where you can see your display name as well as your username. Click on icon labeled Name in the menu to change your display name.
- You will be taken to a text box where you can enter a new display name. Insert whatever name you wish to use and press the big green Save button.
- Now you will find your new display name is the one that you just changed. Then you have successfully changed your Snapchat name and everyone will see the new one from on.
See Also: FaceTime: Everything You Need to Know
Conclusion on How To Change Snapchat Username
With this guide, you now know that you can’t change your Snapchat username after you have signed up but you can easily change your Snapchat display name which is visible to everyone that views your profile.
But if really wish to change your Snapchat username, then you can sign up for a new account but you should be aware of the data that are going to be lost because Snapchat does not back up data into another account.
If there is any question that you like to ask or a point needs us to shed more light on, please do not hesitate to drop them in the comment section as we are here to give you the answers. How To Change Snapchat Username