How To Change Spotify Username. If you’re frustrated with the random numbers claiming your identity on Spotify, we have some terrible news for you.
Spotify does not allow users to change their usernames and the music streaming service has not announced any plans to change that fact any time soon.
But there are a few tricks to change your Spotify username and they don’t require a lot of effort.
If you want to change your Spotify username, here are the best two options to get the job done.
How to change your Spotify username
Connect your Account to Facebook
You can easily connect your Spotify account to your Facebook by simply signing in, transfer the profile photo over, and connect with friends to see what they are listening to in real-time.
Below, you will see the easiest way to replace your Spotify username with your Facebook and connect the two accounts.
- Click the down arrow on the top right corner on the Spotify app on your computer that will bring you to ‘Settings.’
- Under the “Social” section, find “Facebook” and click on the blue button that says “Connect to Facebook.”
- You will be redirected to a log in page. Then enter your Facebook details and the accounts will merge together with your new and improved username.
See Also: How To Quote Someone On Discord
Phone or Tablet
The steps to connect your Spotify account and Facebook are similar to the computer but some little changes are made.
- Open the Spotify app on your phone
- Then go to the “Your Library” tab.
- Then tap the settings wheel in the top right corner.
- Find “Facebook” under Social.
- Then click on “Connect to Facebook”.
- Enter your login details and the accounts will merge together with your new and improved username.
We should not have to say this, make sure you are linking to the correct Facebook account.
If there is someone else Facebook open on your computer or device, Spotify may link the two accounts instead of yours.
There is another way of changing your username but it is more of like transferring your data.
Create a New Account
If you do not want to connect your Facebook account to your Spotify account, you can delete your current account and create a new one.
As long as your playlists are saved, what do you have to lose?
Close the current account
- Permanently closing your current Spotify account
- Make sure you cancel your subscription if there is anyone
- The account will revert to “Free” and you can make the request to close the account.
Sign up for a New Account
Create a new account by signing up, and then while signing up, you will be able to create any username of your choice.
Spotify will transfer your music
Luckily, Spotify music service offers to save your music so you don’t have to start from scratch.
You can ask someone from Spotify to move your playlists and saved music over to your new account by filling out a contact form.
Thereafter, an agent is going to reach out to you within 48 hours to complete the process but you only have up to seven days to make the request after you close your account.
We are confident that after you go through these processes, you will no longer find it impossible to change your Spotify username.
Do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any.