PayPal is a worldwide known establishment that deals with online payments. The online payment platform allows one-click transactions, and also provides a number of other convenient services.
Safety is one of the main goals of this service, and PayPal chargeback is a perfect option that helps avoid losing your money.
PayPal chargebacks allow you to get your money back after a transaction has been done. This post will guide you on how to chargeback.
However, if you made payment with PayPal and you received a damaged or wrong item or did not receive the purchased item at all, you can get your money back.
In this post, you’ll find out how to chargeback on PayPal.
Here are some possible reasons for a chargeback request:
- A buyer did not receive his or her package
- An item was charged twice
- A buyer received a wrong, defective or damaged package
- A credit card charge was not authorized
What is a Chargeback?
A chargeback is when a buyer asks their credit or debit card issuer to reverse a payment after it’s been completed.
However, this offer is available only to buyers who make a payment with their credit or debit card.
How To Chargeback On Paypal
- A buyer requests a chargeback from his credit card issuer
- The credit card company informs the merchant bank
- Then, the online payment system holds the seller’s funds related to the chargeback
- The buyer receives a notification through email and also the company asks for the necessary information to resolve the dispute. how to chargeback on PayPal.
How To Resolve A Chargeback
- First, log in to your PayPal account and head to the “Resolution Center” page
- Click ‘Respond’ under action next to your dispute
- Click “Resolve Chargeback Now”
- Choose one of the options: you may provide valid tracking information; valid proof of refund; accept liability for returning the funds
- Provide any available evidence related to the dispute
- Click “Continue” and follow the step by step instructions.