How To Delete A Channel In Slack. It is very easy to delete a Slack channel if you are the workspace owner or admin.
In case you’re just hearing about Slack, the go-to communication platform for tens of thousands of organizations around the world.
It’s essentially a platform consisting of multiple chatrooms in which colleagues who work together can connect for a focused, productive conversation.
The bigger an organization or establishment is, the more users its Slack workspace will have, and likely the more channels there will be.
If your organization’s Slack workspace is getting crowded up with too many channels, then you’re at risk for the platform making the group less focused and efficient.
If you are the workspace owner or admin on slack, then you can easily delete a Slack channel.
To permanently delete or remove a channel and all its messages from a workspace, you must be a workspace Owners and Admins.
Keep In Mind That…
- Workspace Owners and Admins can delete any channel they want, except for the general channel.
- To delete or remove a shared channel, stop sharing the channel first.
- Files from a deleted channel might still be accessible in your workspace if they’ve been shared in other conversations before.
- If you don’t want to permanently delete a slack channel, consider archiving it preferably to preserve its message history.
How To Delete A Channel In Slack
- Sign in to your account
- Search for the channel you wish to delete. You must join the channel if you have not joined.
- Click on the channel you want to delete on the left-hand column.
- Click on the gear icon at the top of the screen.
- Select “Additional options” from the dropdown menu.
- Select “Delete this channel.”
- Click “Yes, permanently delete this channel,” then confirm your selection by clicking “Delete Channel.”
That’s all on How To Delete A Channel In Slack.