How to delete multiple contacts on iPhone. Apple does not make it possible for users to delete multiple contacts which is why it’s a very difficult task for the user.
But there are some clues for getting it done and we are going to show you each of them.
However, there are two solutions worth considering if you want to delete multiple contacts on your iPhone.
One of these requires using iCloud on your Mac or PC and the other is a third-party app.
How To Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone
Assuming you are using iCloud, your contacts are stored and backed up in the cloud for use across all your Apple devices including iOS and macOS machines.
Thanks to iCloud for the services it offers. The changes made to contact information are pushed out to all of your devices automatically.
For example, when you change the email of someone in your Contacts app on your iPhone, the change is also reflected on your MacBook Pro or another device.
This is different from the Contacts app on the iPhone, you can select multiple contacts to delete with the usage of the web version of iCloud on your Mac.
- Visit iCloud.com on a computer (not from a mobile device) and log in using your Apple ID and password and continue.
- Select Contacts on the main page.
- Highlight the contacts you would like to delete by holding the Control key on your Mac.
- Scroll down on your computer and select other contacts to delete.
- Click on the Settings icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Delete and continue.
- Confirm your choice by choosing Delete in the box and delete contact.
Thereafter, all the contacts you selected are now deleted across all of your devices.
Yes, we are aware that this process is not a simple one which is why a better solution is to go with a third-party iOS app.
In order to delete contacts in bulk on your iPhone, a third-party app stands out which is Groups.
However, the freemium app provides advanced features through in-app purchases and has the ability to delete contacts is a free tool.
To delete contacts with the use of Groups app:
- Download and install the Groups app on your iPhone.
- Launch the Groups app on your iPhone to continue.
- Allow Groups to have access to your contacts when prompted.
- Select All Contacts from the Groups list to continue.
- Go through your contact list and mark the ones you’d like to delete by tapping on the circle outline to the left of their name.
- Tap Choose Action at the top and tap on Delete contacts in the popup menu.
- Tap on Remove from my iPhone! in order to confirm and it will be successful.
After any of these steps, you can go into the built-in Contacts app on your iPhone and verify that the selected contacts have been deleted.
Similarly, these contacts are also no longer listed on your other devices including iPad and Mac.
We are confident that with the audience of this guide, you will no longer find deleting multiple contacts on the iPhone as a difficult task.
Since there are different ways that have been enlisted above, you just need to find the one that suits you.
If there are questions that you will like to ask, please do not hesitate to drop them in the comment section.