How To Make A Fillable PDF Form Without Acrobat.
Whether you want to make a fillable PDF form for work, school, or just for personal use, you need the right tools to do so.
The most popular software that allows you to read, create and edit PDFs files is, of course, Adobe Acrobat Reader. Creating fillable forms is easy with this excellent, user-friendly tool.
Apart from Adobe Acrobat reader, there are also some other effective PDF tools online to assist you in creating fillable forms.
In this article, we’ll guide you on How To Make A Fillable PDF Form Without Acrobat.
See Also: Where Are Chrome Bookmarks Stored?
How To Make A Fillable PDF Form Without Acrobat
Use Microsoft Word to Make a Fillable PDF
If you do have Microsoft Word 2010 and higher installed, you won’t need any additional tools to create fillable PDF documents. Just follow the steps below:
- Search and open the Word file you would like to convert into a fillable PDF on your computer.
- Show the developer ribbon in Word by selecting File > Options > Customize Ribbon. Click the Developer tab to enable it and then click OK.
- Type the text you would like to have on the fillable PDF document.
- For each field, you would like the users to enter some text, you will have to add some text control. To add the text control, go to the Developer tab > select Rich Text Content Control or Plain Text Content Control. Repeat for all the other fillable text fields.
- To add a drop-down list or add multiple choices, all you need is to simply select the Developer tab > click Drop-Down List Content Control. To customize the options available on the drop-down list, select Properties under the Developer tab.
- If you would like to add a checkbox on the fillable PDF document, you can add it by visiting the Developer tab > Check Box Content Control.
- Once you are done with customizing the file, save it as a PDF file. To do this, click File > Save As > give the file name > in the “Save as type” option, choose PDF > choose where to save the document, and then hit the Save button.
Create Fillable PDF Forms Online
See Also: How To Password Protect A Flash Drive
This is another web-based tool that you can use to make a fillable PDF file without Adobe Acrobat.
The tool does allow its users to create and edit files for free if they use the Unregistered option.
To have access to advanced features you may need to pay $2.99/month subscription fees.
Below, are the steps you will need to follow to create your fillable PDF forms using PDFescape:
- GO to https://www.pdfescape.com/open/ via your computer’s web browser. Select “Create new PDF Document”. Select the Page Count, Page Size, and then click the Create button.
- Beneath the Insert tab, you’ll see some options which allow you to create your fillable form. Use the options to customize the fillable PDF to your liking.
- Once you are done, you can now download the file to your computer.
Use Paid Computer Programs to Make a Fillable PDF File
If you do want to make fillable PDF files without Adobe Acrobat and you do not have Microsoft Word installed on your computer, you may want to buy a tool to help you with the PDF file creation.
And Perfect paid tool that will make fillable PDF files without Adobe Acrobat is PDFelement Pro.
This tool works on both macOS and Windows operating systems. The powerful editing tool allows you to edit the fillable forms to obtain a document that suits your needs.
To use this tool, however, you will need to pay a one-time payment of $129 for a lifetime license. This is much cheaper compared to $14.99 per month for Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro.
To make fillable PDF file using PDFelement Pro, you will need to follow the steps we have outlined below:
See Also: How to Flip an Image in Google Docs
- Download and install PDFelement Pro on your macOS or Windows computer.
- After installing the tool, lunch it and then select File > Create > Blank Document.
- From the Form menu, you can create the fillable PDF document by selecting options like Text Field, CheckBox, Radio Button, List Box, etc. After selecting all the needed elements, simply align them.
- After creating the fillable PDF file, you can save it by clicking File > Save As > giving the document a name > and tap Save.
If you would like to make a fillable PDF document without having to purchase Adobe Acrobat, this article should help you find ideal alternatives.
While some of the tools listed in this article do require it, users, to pay for licenses, the tools’ lifetime licenses are much cheaper than having to pay $14.99 per month for Adobe Acrobat subscription.
If you have a stable internet connection, you can avoid paying for desktop programs by making use of web-based tools.
- Google Meet Review: All You Need To Know About It
- What Is Google Docs And How To Use Google Docs
- How To Delete Pages In Word
- How To Password Protect A Flash Drive