sHow To Make Hand Sanitizer. When it comes to curtailing the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19, nothing beats good old-fashioned handwashing.
What if water and soap aren’t available, what is your next best option? According to the health authorities, you are expected to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
But, due to the rapid spread of the novel coronavirus which leads to the high demand and scarcity of hand sanitizers in-store and most retailers can’t afford to keep up with the demand for hand sanitizer.
The good news is that it takes just three ingredients to make your own hand sanitizers at home. Read on to find out how.
How To Make Hand Sanitizer
What Ingredients do you Need to Make Hand Sanitizers?
Making your own sanitizer at home is very easy to do:
- 3/4 cup of Isopropyl or Rubbing Alcohol (Kill the viruses).
- 1/4 cup of Aloe Vera Gel (Protect your skin).
- 10 drops of Essential Oils such as tea tree oil or lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead (Make it fragrant).
Steps in Making Hand Sanitizer
- Pour all the ingredients into a clean bowl.
- Then, mix with a spoon/stirrer and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
- Now, pour the ingredients into an empty transparent bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
How to Use Hand Sanitizer
There are two things to be aware of when using it firstly, you need to rub it into your skin until your hands are dry.
Secondly, if your hands are greasy or dirty, you should wash them first with soap and water before using a hand sanitizer.
Also, spray or apply it to the palm of one hand. Then, thoroughly rub your hands together. Make sure it touches the entire surface of your hands and all your fingers.
Continue rubbing it for about 20 to 60 seconds or until your hands dry off. It can take at least 60 seconds or more, for it to kill most germs.
Handwashing or Hand Sanitizer Which Should You Use?
The key protection to coronavirus or other related illness like flu or cold is to know when to wash your hand with soap or use a hand sanitizer.
While both are important and serve a purpose, washing your hands with soap and water should always be a priority, according to health authorities. You are meant to only use hand sanitizer if soap and water isn’t available.
It’s also very important to always wash your hands:
- After, Using the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Before eating
- After touching surfaces that are likely to be contaminated
Hand sanitizers is an alternative way to prevent the spread of viruses and germs when water and soap are not readily available.
If you are having a hard time finding hand sanitizer at your local stores and handwashing isn’t available, you can easily make one for yourself by following our guide How To Make Hand Sanitizer.
Although hand sanitizers are an effective way to prevent the spread of viruses however, health authorities still insist handwashing whenever possible to keep your hands free of disease-causing viruses and other germs.
- Best Bread Machines: According to Kitchen Experts
- How To Reduce Data Usage On Windows 10 During the Pandemic
- How To Record A Zoom Meeting
- How To Change Netflix Your Plan