How To Unblur An Image Or Photo [5 Ways].
Have you ever been in a situation when you think you have captured that perfect moment or that perfect scene, only to find out that the photo you took was blurry? Don’t feel bad, you’re not alone in this.
Blurred images or photos can be caused by a number of things. Camera shake, vibration, or poor focus can all create a blurry image or photo.
You might be wondering, “Is it possible to unblur an image or photo?” The answer is YES! There are different ways to restore that perfect moment caught in that blurry picture. You will learn how in this article.
See Also: How to Flip an Image in Google Docs
How to Unblur an Image or Photo
How to Unblur an Image in Photoshop
Photoshop has different tools you can use to unblur images or pictures. There are three different ways to achieve a much sharper image from a blurry image.
Each of these ways does things in a slightly different way.
Fix blur using Photoshop Elements:
- Open the blurred image in Photoshop Elements.
- Select the Filter menu and then click Enhance.
- Select Unsharp Mask.
- Now, adjust both the Radius and Amount filter until your image is sharp.
Fix blur using just Photoshop:
- Open the blurred image in Photoshop.
- Then duplicate the background layer and select it.
- Select Filter, Other, and High Pass and configure it to 10%.
- Select the blend mode of the layer to hard light to the image and set the opacity until the image is clear enough.
If you have the newer version of Photoshop, you can also use camera shake reduction to reduce blur in images or pictures:
- Open the blurred image in Photoshop.
- Select Filter > Sharpen > Shake Reduction.
- Allow Photoshop to perform its magic and preview the differences.
See Also: How to use Google Advanced Image Search
How to Unblur an Image using Snapseed
Using this app (for android and ios) will make it easy and faster for you to unblur on your photo. Here is how you get it done in Snapseed:
- Open the Snapseed app and upload the blurred image
- Select the Details menu option.
- Select sharpener then unblur
How to Unblur an Image with GIMP
GIMP is a free and open-source tool that you can download to your PC and it can unblur an image like the photoshop.
Here’s how to unblur an image using GIMP tool:
- Open the blurred image in GIMP.
- Select the Blur/Sharpen button from the Toolbox.
- Select the Sharpen button and drag your mouse over the blurred image to sharpen it all or select an area to sharpen just part of it.
Unblur a picture using Paint.net
Paint.net is yet another free image editing tool that can be used to unblur an image at no cost.
Sharpening is not one of its strong features but it does a credible job of reducing blur in images.
Here’s how to unblur an image/picture using Paint.net:
- Open the blurred image in Paint.net.
- Select Effects > Picture > Sharpen.
- Move the slider in the Sharpen area to a level you are okay with.
- Click OK and save.
Unblur an Image Using Online Tools
There are two online tools that can be used to unblur an image. One is Fotor and the second one is Photo sharpen, they are both powerful online tools that can do many things.
Fotor is a great photo editing tool that provides a range of free photo editing features from within the website.
There are Pro features that are paid for, but for most of us, the free ones do enough.
Photo Sharpen is a much lower tool that does the work for you. It uses an inbuilt algorithm to sharpen images.
You upload the blurred image and select the Sharpen button. The website does the rest for you.
It will then display the unblurred image as a result.
These are just some of the ways you can use to unblur an image.
With the rise of modern technology and many powerful cameras and devices, there many more ways to fix images that are a blur.
Do you know of any other ways that can be used to unblur an image? Tell us about them below in the comment box below!
Let it be a lesson that if you ever need to hide data on an image, be sure to black it out instead of blurring it.