Parasite has made history for itself as the first Korean film to be taking home the award for best picture at the Oscars.
What Is Parasite About?
Parasite is a social sarcasm about two families, the poor Kim family, and the rich Park family. The Kims live in a wretched basement flat, while the Parks live in a big house.
But when the Kims have gifted a “scholar’s rock” (Korean stones that are believed to bring wisdom), their lives start to change.
One by one, each member of the Kims family secures a job under the disguise that they’re vaguely connected through mutual contacts.
See Also: Money Heist Season 4
Who Are the Casts of Parasite?
- Song Kang-ho (father, Kim Ki-taek)
- Jang Hye-jin (mother, Kim Chung-sook)
- Choi Woo-shik (son, Kim Ki-woo a.k.a. Kevin)
- Park So-dam (daughter, Kim Ki-jeong a.k.a. Jessica)
- Lee Sun-kyun (father, Park Dong-ik)
- Cho Yeo-jeong (mother, Choi Yeon-gyo)
- Jung Hyeon-jun (son, Park Da-song)
- Jung Ji-so (daughter, Park Da-hye)
- Park Geun-rok (the chauffeur, Yoon)
- Park Myung-hoon (the housekeeper’s husband, Geun-sae)
- Lee Jung-eun (the housekeeper, Gook Moon-gwang)
- Park Seo-joon (Min-hyuk)
How Can You Watch and Stream Parasite?
If you wish to watch Parasite on the big screen, it is currently being shown in movie theaters. Also, you can download it from o2tvseries in HD format including its subtitle in English.
But if you’d prefer watching the movie at your own pace from home, you can also stream it online (Amazon Prime, Google Play, YouTube, and Vudu).
See Also: How To Turn Off Subtitles On Netflix
What Age Rating is it?
Parasite is rated PG-15 because it contains, bloody violence, strong language, sex and sex references.
Who is the Director Of Parasite?
Bong Joon-ho directed the movie parasite and he is an Academy Award-winning South Korean filmmaker. The 50-year-old filmmaker is known for his social themes, genre-mixing, black humor, and sudden tone shifts movies
Lessons Learnt From Parasite
- Always Cross check your References
This is a very important point. The Park family accepts each member of the Kim family into their home. Based on forged college degrees that they saw. This, clearly, was a great mistake.
When you find yourself in a situation of hiring people, always remember to follow up on references.
- Follow Your Instincts
Park Dong-ik came so close to noticing the scam at the heart of Parasite, by understanding that poor people smell much worse than rich people.
He suspected his driver several times but he failed to act on it. Should you ever encounter a person who smells as if they don’t care about their smell, do the right thing and delete them from your life.
- Be Independent
Remember when Park Chung-sook called her maid to make her a bowl of noodles. but, assuming she didn’t make that call, she would have caught the Kims family lolling around her house.
The lesson is always to learn to do things on your own.
- How To Connect Nintendo Switch To a TV
- Top Best Movies On Toxicwap 2020
- Swatchseries – Watch Series and TV Shows Online For Free
- 10 Fun Apps That Will Help You Survive Quarantine