Snapchat is a social media platform, available on both ios and Android devices. Snapchat has been designed so that pictures and videos have a time limit on how long they last on the app once you post them and also disappear after they are opened.
But it is possible to save Snaps and Stories you want to keep forever, although the process isn’t as easy as tapping a download button.
But, in this post, I’ll share with you How to save Snapchat videos or pictures to your camera roll and also how to save Snapchat videos without them knowing.
See Also: How to Download Videos From Twitter
How to save Snapchat videos or snaps to your camera roll
Here’s how to save your own snap on Snapchat to your camera roll, before you post them:
- Lunch Snapchat and select your video or picture.
- Tap the down arrow icon, located at the bottom of the screen you should see a “Saved!” confirmation message. If you are using an ios device, the video or picture will be automatically saved to your Camera Roll.
- If you are using an Android device, tap the “X” in the top-left corner of the screen to exit the video
- Then swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see your saved Snaps.
- Tap and hold the snap you need to save to your camera roll.
- Then select “Export Snap.”
- Tap “Camera Roll” to save the snap to your phone’s camera roll.
How To Save Snapchat Videos Without Them Knowing
For iPhone users, things become a lot simpler because you can use the in-built screen recorder to do this.
You can add the screen recording feature to your Control Center by going to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls. You can then add Screen Recording to the panel.
Now locate your Control Center and you should see the screen recording symbol: two concentric circles. Tap on it to record any activity you do on your screen; to turn it off, tap the red bar at the top of the screen and click End Recording.
But wait! Doing this will still notify them that you’ve recorded their snap.
That means you will have to do as if you are taking a normal screenshot: load Snapchat without tapping on the snap you want to record. Turn on Airplane Mode on your phone then use the screen recorder. Open the snap.
It will still show that “You Screen Recorded a Snap!” not until you navigate to Settings > Clear Cache > Clear All. You can now stop the screen recording and turn off Airplane Mode.