How to Apply for Knight Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University
The Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program 2023 is open to students from all over the world, regardless of their country of origin, who intend to earn a graduate degree from Stanford University. Graduate students at Stanford University who are eligible for the Hennessy scholarship will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of events that celebrate cultural diversity and diversity in general.
The fully-funded scholarship opportunity in the United States is available to graduates from other countries and the United States. It provides a platform that delivers various educational experiences that enable graduates to address the complicated challenges of the modern world. In addition, Stanford University extends a cordial invitation to undocumented students who reside in the United States to pursue their higher education on the grounds of the university.
The Leland Stanford Junior University, more commonly known as Stanford University, is a prestigious private research institution in Stanford, California. One of the most prestigious educational institutions in the world, Stanford University is renowned for its scholarly accomplishments, financial resources, location within Silicon Valley, and admissions requirements. As of the beginning of March 2022, there have been a total of 83 Nobel laureates, 28 Turing Award laureates, and 8 Fields Medalists who have been associated with Stanford in some capacity, either as students, alumni, faculty, or staff. Keep reading...
About the Knight Hennessy Scholars Program
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2023 is an excellent opportunity for graduates who have minds capable of vision and who are eager to learn about different cultural aspects of the world. In addition, students who demonstrate leadership abilities due to their previous experiences and are positive role models for others in the process of effecting positive change have a good chance of being awarded this prestigious scholarship in the United States.
The Stanford University Scholarship is open to all graduates regardless of age, nationality, color, or ethnicity. The culture of collaboration and community service will be encouraged throughout the recipient of this scholarship from Stanford University. In addition, Stanford offers scholarships to graduates of all academic fields; these awards are not restricted to students who have completed JD, MA, MBAMD, MFA, MS, DMA, or PhD programs.
The students who are chosen to participate in this Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program will also have the opportunity to participate in the King Global Leadership Program (KGLP), which is another component of this scholarship. They will gain a comprehensive understanding of both leadership and technical skills as a result of continuing their education. In addition, the scholars will learn a one-of-a-kind method for making decisions under pressure and in an uncertain environment, which will equip them with the ability to solve challenging problems through the application of their creativity.
In addition, Stanford University has a vice-provost for Graduate Education who provides a comprehensive professional development framework to all of the graduate students. The community of Knight-Hennessy Scholars and the coaches always make themselves available to other scholars in order to serve as a resource for the students and provide them with direction. It also helps them develop a sense of community and harmony among themselves.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is an opportunity for personal growth and academic enhancement. Nearly nine thousand students from all over the world call the Dening House, which is located on the campus of Stanford University, their home. The interaction members of the academic community have with one another provides them with the opportunity to hone their interpersonal and collaborative skills. Dining House at Stanford University also functions as a hub for Knight-Hennessy Scholars to share their thoughts and experiences with other scholars while maintaining a close relationship with one another. In addition to that, the Dening House was presented with the Design Award 2020 by AI A Silicon Valley.
It indicates that the atmosphere, tranquility, and beauty of the house also affect the academics in a very positive and productive manner while they are spending their time in Denning House. The scholars have the opportunity to hold small gatherings, conferences, events, and even regular dinners in this house, which serves as the foundation for their mutual understanding and the cultural exchange that takes place between them. The article that follows provides additional detail on other notable aspects of this top scholarship in the United States, which is not the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship 2022 for graduates and which is discussed further below.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the Knight Hennessy Scholars program.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Stanford University, USA
- Host Institution(s): Stanford University, USA
- Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
- Study Level: Masters and Ph.D.
- Field(s) of Study:
Full-time Masters and Ph.D. degrees in any subject offered at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.) with some exceptions:
- Applicants to the Honors Cooperative Program
- Applicants to the Master of Liberal Arts
- Applicants to the Doctor of Science of Law (JSD)
- Current Stanford students applying for coterminal graduate study
- Current Stanford Ph.D. students adding an MA or MS degree in their current discipline
See the scholarship benefits section below for details.
- Numbers of Awards: Not specified
- Eligible Nationalities: Applicants from all countries – there are no restrictions based on citizenship, age, the field of study, career aspiration, etc.
- Deadline: 12th October 2022 (Annual)
Moreover, Stanford University will provide the Knight Hennessy Scholars program recipients with the following inclusions:
Knight Hennessy Scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford. During each of the first 3 years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
- a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Additional funding specific to certain years:
- Newly enrolling scholars receive a one-time relocation stipend to offset some of the costs associated with relocation to the area and/or technology purchases.
- Scholars in their second and third years may apply for supplemental funds to support academic enrichment activities (e.g., conference travel).
Eligibility Criteria for Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program:
There are the Following Knight Hennessy Scholarship Requirements which you have to follow if you are applying such as:
- All Citizens Welcome. Applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from citizens of all countries.
- You Must Have Your Bachelors Degree in Any Discipline.
- You Must Complete Your bachelor or Masters Degree in 2016 or After 2016.
- You are not eligible if Your bachelor’s Degree or Masters's Degree is Completed before 2016.
- If you’re still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you’re eligible to apply as long as you complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford.
- If you have earned a graduate degree, you remain eligible to apply in 2023 as long as you earned your first/bachelor’s degree in 2016 or later.
- If you earned or expect to earn a degree from a university where English is the official and sole language of instruction, then you do not need the results of an English proficiency exam.
Required Documents for the Application Form
- Online Application
- Standardized Test Score
- One Page Resume
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Tow Short-Answer Responses
- Video Story
- In-Person Assessment
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship Application (if they need)
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Knight Hennessy Scholars program.
To be considered for the scholarship, you will need to submit separate applications to both the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and the graduate degree program that you intend to pursue at Stanford. The application period for the Knight Hennessy Program will close at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time on October 12, 2022.
The cutoff date for applications to graduate degree programs at Stanford varies significantly from one program to the next. You are required to check the website of the program you are interested in applying to to confirm the application deadline, which is typically earlier.