Field Sales Engineer Job in Italy
If you have a double interest in sales and engineering, the position of field sales engineer in Italy may be a good fit for you. Typically, the responsibility of this profession is to prepare and deliver technical presentations to clients that describe the company's products and services. Engineers and customers are consulted by field sales engineers in order to determine the required system and obtain the required equipment
They are also responsible for reporting the status of engineering projects and conducting relevant research. Typically, these sales engineers hold a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, business, or electrical engineering. Field sales engineers possess excellent interpersonal, technological, and problem-solving abilities. They must meet sales quotas and possess knowledge of customer service, technical support, HVAC systems, and company merchandise.
Field sales engineers earn approximately $43 an hour on average and more than $90,000 annually. The rate of career advancement is sufficient to produce more job opportunities in the future. However, let's understand what the word engineer is all about.
The Meaning of Engineer:
Engineers are professionals who invent, design, analyze, construct, and test machines, complex systems, structures, devices, and materials to meet functional objectives and specifications while considering limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost. The word engineer is derived from the Latin words ingeniare (meaning "to concoct or devise") and Ingenium ("cleverness").
A four-year bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, or some jurisdictions, a master's degree in an engineering discipline, plus four to six years of peer-reviewed professional practice (concluding with a project report or thesis) and the successful completion of engineering board examinations are the typical foundational qualifications of an engineer.
Field Sales Engineer Requirements:
- Relevant technical degree (or equivalent) e.g. Electronics/Engineering
- Experience working with relevant electrical components, including active, passive, power, and electromechanical
- Knowledge of a CRM system is desired
- Exemplary sales skills and customer relations.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Territory Sales experience with technical design in the cycle.
- Prior or existing experience calling on technology/micro-electronic and manufacturing customers at various levels.
- Strong established organizational systems and appointment-setting practices that promote.
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills for internal and external customer bases.
- Possess strong innate self-drive in an autonomous environment to exceed sales objectives within the territory.
- Passion for technology and board-to-board sales across a broad territory.
The General Responsibilities:
- Develop a territory business plan with identified target accounts to meet the required sales increases. Also, make recommendations regarding the distributor’s account status (deletions/additions). Review and adjust quarterly with the regional sales manager’s input.
- Maintain and develop additional end-user business at existing accounts in the assigned territory and provide supervision of distributors associated with these accounts.
- Continue to expand new end-user accounts and provide supervision of distributors associated with these accounts.
- Develop and maintain a list of end users within the territory.
- Establish and maintain distributor relationships
- Review and recommend adjustments to distributor stocking and discount programs as required to motivate and obtain required territory sales goals.
- Motivate distributor sales personnel to increase company sales through various means, but not limited to, product knowledge, applications support, and the use of company promotional programs such as the guaranteed test and demo tool programs.
- Maintain a high degree of technical proficiency regarding all company products relative to the application of those products and be able to communicate, in a clear and concise manner with distributors and end users.
- Develop OEM accounts within your territory as per the regional sales manager’s direction.
- Be knowledgeable about the company’s sales policies and procedures. Keep the distributors advised of current sales policies and any changes.
Conduct workshops or seminars with distributors and end users as required.
- Maintain timely reporting procedures regarding itineraries, expense reports, testing and trial order records, business reports as well as any reporting functions required to establish and maintain good communications with all concerned.
- Be accountable for all company property assigned to you. This includes but is not limited to company vehicles, communication equipment, show & tell tooling, literature, etc.
- Provide regional sales manager with field information relative to possible new product opportunities
- Work on special assignments as directed by the regional sales manager (e.g. Tool show attendance)
- 5 Years of OEM sales experience in the technology industry is required.
- Component sales experience in the technology industry is required.
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills for both internal and external customer bases.
- Exceptional follow-up skills.
How To Become a Field Sales Engineer in Italy:
If you're interested in becoming a field sales engineer in Italy, one of the first things to consider is how much education you need. We've determined that 78.6% of field sales engineers have a bachelor's degree. Regarding higher education levels, we found that 7.5% of field sales engineers have master's degrees. Even though most field sales engineers have a college degree, one can become one with only a high school degree or GED.
However, to become a field sales engineer, you usually need a bachelor's degree. Getting a certification as a Certified Sales Professional (CSP) will help you to earn more as a field sales engineer.
The national average salary for field sales engineers is $90,950, but with the proper certifications and experience, they can make up to $125,000. Most field sales engineers list "sales goals," "customer service," and "technical support" as skills on their resumes.
The Steps on How to Become a Field Sales Engineer:
Any applicant seeking to become a field sale engineer in the country of Italy need to follow the steps analyzed below:
- Explore field sales engineer education
- Develop field sales engineer skills
- Complete relevant training/internship
- Get field sales engineer certifications
- Research field sales engineer duties
- Prepare your resume
- Apply for a field sales engineer job
Explore Field Sales Engineer Education:
Choosing the right major in your study is always an important step when researching how to become a field sales engineer. When we researched the most common majors for a field sales engineer, we found that they most commonly have electrical engineering, business, and mechanical engineering.
Develop Field Sales Engineer Skills:
It'll be a good idea to develop field sales engineer skills before applying for a job. Once you have an interest in the field of sales Engineer, you have to dedicate yourself to the work so that it will be part of your daily activities.
Complete Relevant Training/Internship:
Field sales engineers spend an average of three months on post-employment, on-the-job training. During this time, new field sales engineers learn the skills and techniques required for their job and employer.
Get Field Sales Engineer Certifications:
Certifications can show employers you have a baseline knowledge expected for this position. They can also make you a more competitive candidate in Italy when it comes to field sales engineer jobs. Even if employers don't require a certification, having one may help you stand out in an application. Plus, the process of getting a certification can teach you new skills that you can bring to your work. We determined the most common certifications for field sales engineers. The most common certification is Certified Sales Professional (CSP), but Certified Management Executive (CME) is also frequently seen in field sales engineers' resumes.
Research Field Sales Engineer Duties:
When you decide to become a field sales engineer in Italy, It's important to know what duties and responsibilities are required for this position. Some typical responsibilities are a part of most field sales engineer jobs.
Prepare Your Resume:
Finally, when you have already checked the skills and responsibilities for this role, you can start creating your resume. Everything that goes into creating a perfect resume can take hours, days, or even weeks. No worries, we created a resume builder to make this process as easy as possible with tips and examples of skills, responsibilities, and a summary.
Apply For a Field Sales Engineer Job:
With your ready resume, it's time to start searching for your dream job in the country of Italy by applying to the country company that demands a field sale engineer.
Some Likely Questions from Applicants
What is the work of a sales engineer?
Sales Engineer responsibilities include:
Supporting sales executives with solution selling into prospect account base. Partnering with sales executives to plan, prepare, and execute strategic deals in complex sales cycles. Modeling the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity.
What skills do you need to be a sales engineer?
Key skills for sales engineers include the following:
- Strong technical skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication skills, including the ability to explain clearly, listen to the feedback of clients – and relay this to colleagues.
- The ability to negotiate with and influence others.
- Teamworking skills.
What is a field engineer do?
Field engineer duties usually include inspecting and installing equipment and new technologies, directing crews or workers on site, conducting research, and reporting on project status. Field engineers will make sure that everything works smoothly and engineering designs are being followed.
Is a sales engineer an excellent job?
This career carries high earning potential, particularly with the commission. Best of all, sales engineers can often transition easily into a related field of consulting or product management—or ascend to a sales management role.
What qualifications do I need to be a field engineer?
Field Engineer Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering is relevant to our industry.
- At least 2 years of experience in a field-related role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills backed by solid technical knowledge.
- A versatile and service-oriented mindset.
- Good understanding of safety guidelines
"Field Sales Engineer Job, Italy" is an article that advertises the availability of job vacancies in this position in Italy.
The article further explained the meaning of engineer, the field sales engineer qualifications/requirements, the responsibilities, the required experience, how to become a field sale engineer in the country of Italy, how to become a field sale engineer in the country of Italy, and some frequently asked questions from applicants.
What's Your Reaction?