Fully Funded MENA Scholarship Program 2022/23 to Study in the Netherlands
Here's another fantastic scholarship on offer to international students to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you've been dreaming of studying in the Netherlands. Applications for the MENA Scholarship Programme 2022/23 are now open to international students from MSP countries across the globe.
The MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) offers scholarships to professionals for short courses in the Netherlands. The purpose of the MENA Scholarship Program is to contribute to sustainable democratic transition in the participating countries. While the scholarship is awarded to individuals, all candidates must be nominated by their employer to be able to participate. The need for training must be demonstrated in the organization by the employed applicant. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship.
Meanwhile, this article explains everything you need to know about the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP). From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP)
The MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) aims to build bridges through knowledge by offering capacity-building opportunities within organizations in the Middle East and North Africa. It enables young professional impact makers to take part in short courses in the Netherlands and facilitates tailor-made training for regional organizations.
The MSP builds strong relations between the participating countries and the Netherlands by fostering solid alumni networks. It contributes to mutual understanding and knowledge sharing. The program is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs as part of the Shiraka program and managed by Nuffic. A limited selection of working professionals under 45 years old can follow a fully-funded short course study program in the Netherlands through this scholarship. Short courses can take 2 up to 13 weeks.
Applying for scholarships is possible twice a year, usually in February or March and September or October. Applications are handled by Dutch institutions offering the courses. Additional application requirements can vary per institution. Available courses in English or French vary per country and depend on the priority themes per country. A limited number of scholarships are awarded to highly motivated professionals who best suit the country's approach. Applicants who don’t suit their country's approach are not eligible for a scholarship.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP).
The Scholarship program is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Nuffic.
Fully funded scholarships
Field(s) of Study:
Short courses. Available courses in English or French vary per country and depend on the priority themes per country.
Full funding. See the scholarship benefits section below for more details
Number of Awards:
11th October 2022
Moreover, MSP scholarship recipients will be provided with the following inclusions.
A fully funded short course study program in the Netherlands. Short courses can take two up to 13 weeks.
Eligibility Requirements for the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP)
Applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- must be a professional and national of, and living and working in one of the countries on the MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided, and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- must not be employed by an organization with its means of staff development. Organizations that are considered to have their means of staff development are, for example: – multinational corporations (e.g., Shell, Unilever, Microsoft); – large national and large commercial organizations; – bilateral donor organizations (e.g., USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); – multilateral donor organizations, (e.g., a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); – international NGO’s (e.g., Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- must have an official and valid passport (valid at least 3 months after the candidate submission date);
- must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- the age of the MSP candidate must not exceed 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
- The candidate must not receive more than one MSP scholarship for courses simultaneously.
You may be eligible for an MSP scholarship if you are living and working in:
- Syria (Syrians may only apply if they reside in one of the MSP eligible countries)
How to Apply
Furthermore, prospective applicants can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP).
To begin with, if you are interested in the MENA Scholarship Programme 2022/2023, be sure to review the full eligibility Criteria and then, if you meet them, proceed with the following steps (below) to apply:
- Select a course on the MSP course list
- Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- course content
- the application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution)
- the application and selection procedures
- the online application form and the supporting documents
- Prepare your application and the supporting documents
- Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course
As part of your application, you will be asked to submit the following supporting documents – a valid passport copy, a current statement from your employer, and, depending on your country of employment, a government statement.
Application Deadline: 11 October 2022
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the MENA Scholarship Programme.
What's Your Reaction?