Full Ultimate Guide For Applying for the Chevening Scholarship in UK
The Chevening Scholarship is a highly competitive, fully-funded scholarship program that offers outstanding individuals from around the world the opportunity to study in the UK. Scholarships are awarded for one academic year and cover tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs, and other associated expenses. All applicants need to apply through the online application system, which will open on 1 November 2022. There are two stages of assessment – an initial screening followed by an interview with a Chevening representative in your home country. To be eligible for consideration for a 2023 award, you must have completed secondary school by 31 December 2020. Applications can be submitted at any time up until 30 September 2020; late applications will not be considered.
The Chevening Scholarship Programme is awarded by the British government to help build global leaders. It covers all tuition fees, flights, accommodation, and a stipend of £21,000 per year for two years (paid in three installments). It’s one of the most prestigious scholarships around, as it provides you with an opportunity to study at any of the 27 participating universities in the UK including Oxbridge, LSE, and Imperial College London, among others.
What Are Scholarships
A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further their education. Scholarships are awarded based on various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. For example, scholarships may be awarded based on financial need, academic merit, or community service. There are many different types of scholarships, and each has its own eligibility requirements and application process.
Why Choose to Study in The UK
There are many reasons why you might choose to study in the UK. Maybe you’re attracted to the country’s rich history and culture. Or perhaps you want to take advantage of the excellent education system. Whatever your reasons, if you’re thinking of applying for the Chevening Scholarship, here’s everything you need to know about the application process.
What is the Chevening Scholarship?
The Chevening Scholarship is a UK government-funded scholarship program that enables talented individuals from around the world to study in the UK. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. Applicants must have graduated from high school or obtained an equivalent qualification no more than 2 years before the application deadline. Applicants must also be under 30 years old at the time of application.
Chevening provides future leaders and influencers from around the globe a distinctive chance to grow professionally and academically, network widely, experience UK culture, and create enduring beneficial interactions with the UK. Chevening is the international awards system of the UK government that aims to develop worldwide leaders. There will be around 1,500 scholarships being provided worldwide.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening provides two kinds of awards–Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships–with recipients personally chosen throughout the globe by British embassies and high commissions.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: Full-time taught Masters's Degree Program in any subject.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program but not more than a one-year postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 1, 2022 (Annually)
How to apply for These Scholarships
The Chevening Scholarship is a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship that offers financial support to individuals who are looking to study in the UK. If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, here is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process.
First, you will need to create an account on the Chevening website and fill out the online application form.
Chevening Scholarship Coverage
Chevening Scholarship 2023, provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are targeted at citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2023.
- Required Language: English
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a
- Chevening Partner Award from the organization with which you work previously worked, or are affiliated through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
When should I apply?
You should start the application process for the Chevening Scholarship as early as possible. The earlier you start, the more time you will have to gather all of the required materials and put together a strong application. Do not worry if you are unsure whether or not you are eligible, applying is easy and there is no harm in applying even if you are unsure. If your eligibility cannot be confirmed after submitting your online application form then you will be contacted by a member of our team with further information on how to proceed.
Where can I find more information?
If you're looking for more information on the Chevening Scholarship, you can check out their website. They have a lot of great resources, including an FAQ section that can answer any questions you might have. You can also email them with any additional questions.
Who Can Apply for the Scholarship
The Chevening Scholarship is a UK government-funded scholarship program that enables talented individuals from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the United Kingdom.
Applications are now open for the 2023 academic year, and we’re here to help you with your application! Below you'll find all of the details about eligibility requirements, application deadlines, and tips on completing your applications. If you need any additional information before submitting an application, please contact us by email or live chat. We're always happy to answer any questions!
Now that you know how to apply for the Chevening Scholarship, it’s time to start your application! Good luck, and don’t forget to check out our other blog posts about scholarships and financial aid. Chevening is an opportunity like no other – a once-in-a-lifetime chance to study at one of the world's top universities. If you are lucky enough to receive an offer from Chevening, congratulations! You can't pass up this chance and should take advantage of it while you can. Applying for a scholarship is not easy, but it will pay off in the end. There are many requirements and steps you need to follow in order to be considered eligible, so make sure you read through everything before starting your application. The Chevening team will be there every step of the way, guiding you through the process with their informative resources.