Luxembourg Visa Information for International Applicants
Any applicant who lives outside the EU, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, etc, called the third country, with an intention to travel to Luxembourg must apply for the country visa. Irrespective of your purpose to the country, you must get a visa before your visit, study, tourist, business, family, an internship in the country, etc. In this article "Luxembourg visa information" you will know the general requirements for these visa applicants.
Luxembourg is a small, hilly country full of forests between France, Germany, and Belgium. Its stunning medieval capital is a major financial center. To travel to Luxembourg for a short trip lasting fewer than 90 days, you will need a Luxembourg Visa, as you are not part of the Schengen Area of European countries that have abolished border controls between each other.
Let's look at some of the activities which attract people to the country with their visa requirements:
The requirements for Luxembourg Study Visa
Students from Non-EU/EEA countries must fulfill the following requirements to obtain a student visa into Luxembourg.
- Acceptance Letter from a university or higher education institution in Luxembourg.
- Tuition fee receipt for the program enrolled.
- International passport or travel document valid for at least 6 months
- Proof of funds in the form of bank statements that cover academic and living expenses during studies.
- Completed visa application form.
- Health insurance document.
- Travel itinerary with a return ticket showing the date the student intends to leave the country after completing their program.
Luxembourg study visa is issued to third-country citizens who seek to study in Italy for a period longer than 90 days. Admission to a recognized study program is among the main prerequisites of the student visa. Moreover, student visa holders are obliged to submit their residence permit applications for stays exceeding 90 days.
Luxembourg Employment Visa
Requirements to Obtain Luxembourg Employment Visas
Citizens of nations outside of the EU and EEA will need to have a job in Luxembourg before applying for an Italian work visa. They’ll also need a work permit, which the employer must apply for using supporting documents from the employee.
Along with the application for a work visa in Luxembourg, your employees will need the following supporting documents:
- A copy of a signed employment contract
- The original Nulla Osta and an additional copy
- A passport with a minimum of two blank pages that’s valid for at least three months after the visa’s duration
- Passport pictures
- A complete Italian Long-Stay Visa Application form
- Proof of sufficient financial means, accommodation in Luxembourg, and paid visa fee
- Diplomas and other qualifying certificates
is granted to third-country citizens that are eligible to work in Luxembourg under an official employment contract or binding offer.
Luxembourg Family Reunion Visa
The Requires Documents for Luxembourg Family reunion visa.
The following documents prove the identity of the group and the family relationship with the applicant:
- identity card
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- baptism certificate
- "asylum seeker certificate" of the host countries, respectively from UNHCR
- L Judgment of rights of custody authenticated by a competent authority and legalized by the embassy representing Luxembourg interests.
The family reunion is the type of visa that can be obtained by third-country citizens who would like to visit their Luxembourg family members residing in the country. Applicants are required to prove their relation to the family members. However, the terms of application vary under specific circumstances such as the applicant’s nationality and place of residence. Therefore, people who seek to apply for a family reunion visa are strongly advised to consult the official authorities in advance.
Italy Researcher Visa
The list of Documents for Obtaining a Scientific Research Visa:
The following documents need to be filed when applying for a scientific research visa for Luxembourg:
- two application forms for long or short-stay visas are required when coming to Luxembourg for research purposes;
- the passport in original, but also a copy of it is required (the validity of the passport must be at least 3 months);
- three passport-sized photographs which cannot be older than 3 months at the time of the application;
- the Luxembourg residence permit (for applicants who have such a document issued by the Italian authorities);
- the hosting agreement signed by the institute inviting the foreign researcher to Luxembourg;
- the flight ticket, the proof of accommodation, and the employment contract which covers the terms mentioned above
Luxembourg research visa is the visa for guest scientists or visiting scholars from third countries who wish to engage in research activities in a university or established research institution. You are also to come with an official invitation letter from the research organization with the details of the prospective research project.
Luxembourg Language Course Visa
Requirements for language course visa:
- Checklist for a Language Visa application in Luxembourg:
- Valid passport
- 3 x biometric passport photos
- 3 x photocopies of passport
- Proof of healthcare cover
- Proof of sufficient living costs funds, through a Blocked Account (Sperrkonto) or other means,
- such as a sponsorship letter
- Proof of acceptance/registration onto a course of at least 18 hours per week.
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of qualifications from home country (e.g. high school diploma, degree certificate)
- Official letter of leave from an employee (if relevant)
A Luxembourg language course visa is an educational visa given to foreign nationals who intend to take part in a Luxembourg language course for a period extending 90 days. Confirmed registration to the course along with other documents is required to obtain this type of visa as listed above.
Luxembourg Work Permit Visa
Get it right todat;
General work visa requirements
General work visa, applicants should present the following documents to obtain their work visa.
- Completed and signed general work visa application form
- A valid passport
- Proof of financial means to support the applicant’s living expenses until they receive a salary:
- bank statements, cash, or travelers’ cheques
- Medical reports
- Police clearance certificate from all countries the applicant has lived in for 12 months or more since the age of 18
- Vaccination certificate if applicable
- Means of payment to cover the fee
The Luxembourg work permit is given to third-country nationals who are found eligible to work in Luxembourg. However, Luxembourg applies some quotes to the number of work permit visas issued per nationality and issues a call during certain periods. “Decreto flussi” which translates into a flow decree is open for a few months each year.
The General Requirements for Luxembourg application
All documents required for your Luxembourg Schengen visa must be filled in using capital letters, completed/translated (via an official translator) into French, German, or English. Applications for all Schengen visas to Luxembourg will contain the following Basic Required Documents:
- Valid passport
- Passport sized photos
- Application form
- Fingerprints (biometric data)
- Travel medical insurance
- Visa Fee
- Materials related to your trip:
- Reason for visit
Where you will stay (accommodation)
- How you will fund your trip (finances)
- Proof that you will leave Luxembourg before your visa becomes invalid/expires. This is often in the form of a paid roundtrip plane ticket (proof of return).
- A legalized formal obligation letter from your reference person in Luxembourg. While not required, the Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign Affairs strongly recommends applicants submit this form
Luxembourg Visa Applications
- A passport with at minimum two blank pages that are valid for at least 90 days after the end of travel. Copy of the first page including personal data and previous Schengen visas if obtained.
- Completed and signed visa application form along with two biometric photos that are not older than 6 months.
- Proof of travel with confirmed both-way tickets.
- Bank account details or documentation of sufficient means of subsistence proving that the passenger can sufficiently fund his/her travel.
- Evidence of occupation in the form of certified documents through employer letter, student certificate, document of registration, or demonstration of pension funds.
- Accommodation details through an invitation letter or proof of your hotel reservation throughout your stay.
- Documentation of travel health insurance that will cover up to 30.000 euros throughout the period of travel and is valid within the entire Schengen area.
- Documents demonstrating the applicant’s social and professional status.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Get all you need to know today;
Can I get a multiple entry tourist visa for Luxembourg?
You can indicate your request for a multiple entry visa on the application form which will be evaluated based on the frequency and relevance of your travel to the Schengen area. However, you will be asked to prove your reasons and provide evidence of your frequent travels.
Can my Luxembourg visa be rejected?
Yes, your application may be rejected on certain grounds if the Luxembourg authorities find your application ineligible. In that case, you will be notified of the reasons for rejection and deadlines for submission of an appeal.
How long does it take to get a Luxembourg visa?
Generally, processing of a visa application by the Consulate takes approximately 15 days. However, it may take a long period of time, up to 30 days and/or exceptionally 60 days for individual cases whereby more information about the examination is necessary.
Does my previous nationality matter for getting a Luxembourg visa?
Different visa rules and regulations apply to citizens coming from different countries. However, your nationality of origin shall not be a prior condition for the issuing of your visa, provided that you will have submitted all the required documents
What is Schengen Visa?
The Schengen visa allows its holder to move freely within the Schengen area for a short period. The Schengen area comprises of 26 European countries, namely the Schengen States.
Therefore, passengers who wish to travel in the Schengen area either for business ideal or touristic visits are to obtain a Schengen visa for stays up to 90 days within a period of 180 days.
The complete list of Schengen States includes Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Do I Need a Visa to Travel to Luxembourg?
Luxembourg is a member state of the European Union which follows in the Schengen zone, in which states have jointly agreed on their visa requirements for third-country nationals. Nevertheless, each state may apply specific regulations concerning the travel documents it requires from foreigners intending to visit Luxembourg.
There are also some Interview Questions and Answers about Luxembourg visa Information which are as follows:
Who is sponsoring you, and what is his/her source of income?
A sponsor means the person financing your education in a foreign country. A sponsor can be your father, mother, any relative, or anyone who is willing to bear your expenses. Embassy officials have the documents and bank statements but they will still ask you about them and observe how you respond.
You have to convince them that your sponsor has enough money to easily afford your educational and living expenses. You should also know the complete cost of studying in Italy is also one of the most frequent questions applicants normally try to find out.
My parents will be the ones sponsoring my education and funding my cost of living in Luxembourg, for the duration of my studies. My mother is a nurse with a public health organization in my state, and my father is an army officer. Both of my parents earn up to 3 million annually. The living expenses and accommodation fees which they are to allocate for the duration of my stay in Luxembourg are all in the bank statement, they are the same amount that is advised for a student to have in order to live comfortably in the country. Also, anything else I need, my parents who are sponsoring my education, will provide for me.
Why Luxembourg and not other countries?
You must not say anything bad or political about other countries. Say that you love all the countries but their educational standards are not as good as their country. You can add that you also want to experience the culture and life of Luxembourg nation.
Top universities in Luxembourg are very popular for their quality education and well-structured programs. Also, they provide ample research opportunities as well. Luxembourg Universities offer a strong foundation of theoretical knowledge as well as emphasize building practical skills. The global exposure provided by these universities will help me find better career prospects.
Why this particular university?
They may ask why you chose the university that you are going in for. You should say some good things about the university and tell them about the program you’ve chosen. Just be truthful here but show that you did proper research before selecting that particular institute.
I have an interest in the field of Social Informatics and more specifically, Social Media Mining. This university offers me courses and a wide range of electives that perfectly aligns with my interests. Other universities do not offer me separate courses related to this field. Also, I want to work with Dr. XYZ who is pursuing his research on how to detect fake news on social media sites such as FB. Considering all these factors, I chose this university over the other ones.
Official Related Links You Need
You have the best Guide on Immigration, Education, and Employment details for you to Get more out of what you need to know, and it is all free of charge:
Get More Guide - https://bit.ly/ABROAD-IMMIGRATION-CENTER
Immigration - https://bit.ly/IMMIGRATION-CENTER
Education - https://bit.ly/EDUCATION-CENTER
Employment - https://bit.ly/EMPLOYMENT-CENTER
US Immigration - https://bit.ly/US-IMMIGRATION
The article visa information explains the general visa information for Luxembourg,
The article further gives information about study visas, employment visas, family reunion visas, Luxembourg research visas, language course visas, and some frequently asked questions from applicants.