2023 Charles Darwin University Scholarships - How to Apply and What You Need to Know
Charles Darwin University in Australia offers generous merit-based and career-based scholarships to students from around the world who are interested in studying abroad at CDU. Whether you’re passionate about marine biology, an aspiring engineer, or interested in starting your own business, there’s sure to be an award that fits your interests and career goals! Check out this guide on how to apply for CDU scholarships, including information on deadlines, GPA requirements, and more!
Charles Darwin University offers several different scholarships, including the Charles Darwin University Scholarships (CDU Scholarships). These scholarships are awarded to Aboriginal students who are admitted to a Charles Darwin University undergraduate degree program and have not previously been enrolled in an Australian university. If you meet these requirements, here’s what you need to know about applying for CDU Scholarships.
Charles Darwin University Scholarship 2022-2023 is a funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate, master's, Ph.D., and training. Two types of scholarships are fully funded. Four types of scholarships are partially funded and cover up to 50% of tuition fees.
Charles Darwin University is a new world university built on social justice, sustainability, creativity, and collective effort. It’s a place where everyone can follow their passion to make things better – however big or small.
History About the Charles Darwin University
Charles Darwin University is a public university in the Northern Territory, Australia. The university was established in 2003 after the merger of Northern Territory University and the Menzies School of Health Research. It is named after British naturalist Charles Darwin. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a wide range of disciplines, including business, education, health, law, science, and the arts. The University has four campuses in the Northern Territory: Darwin City Centre Campus, Casuarina Campus, Alice Springs Campus, and Palmerston campus. The Head Office for CDU is located at 102 Northbourne Avenue, Canberra City Centre.
Why Study in Australia
- If you're looking for an amazing education, look no further than Australia. The country's universities are consistently ranked among the best in the world, offering top-notch education.
- In addition to a great education, you'll also get to experience all that Australia has to offer. From its stunning beaches and lush rainforests to its vibrant cities and friendly people, there's something for everyone Down Under.
- That said if studying abroad is not for you, but your studies must take place outside of your home country, it is important to research other countries with similar qualities as Australia or ones with a different cultural perspective.
Scholarships offered at Charles Darwin University
Charles Darwin University is currently offering scholarships for the 2023 academic year. Scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate students. To be eligible, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Charles Darwin University
- Study in: Australia
Any Undergraduate or Postgraduate Coursework Degree offered at the University.
- Community Services & Social Work
- Creative Arts & Design
- Culinary Arts
- Enabling Courses
- Exercise & Sport Science
- Hair & Beauty Services
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Humanitarian, Emergency & Disaster Management
- Indigenous Knowledge
- IT & Network Engineering
- Law & Legal Studies
- Primary Industries
- Public Health
- Science, Environmental Science & Management
- Tourism, Hospitality & Food
Charles Darwin University Scholarships are of the following types:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships (VCIHAS): The scholarship applies to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 50% or 25% of the tuition fee for the full duration of the course.
- CDU Global Excellence Award: The scholarships apply to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 50% of the tuition fee for the first year of study and 10% in subsequent years.
- CDU Global Leader Award: The scholarships apply to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 25% of the tuition fee for the first year of study and 10% in subsequent years.
- CDU Global Achiever Award: The scholarship applies to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree and covers 15% of the tuition fee for the first year of study.
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) Distinction Scholarship: The scholarship applies to a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification and is a one-off payment of $3,000 towards your first-year tuition fee.
- Higher Degree by Research: These are fully funded scholarships.
- Northern Territory Scholarships: The scholarships recognize students’ academic merit, leadership, and community engagement. They are for Higher Education – undergraduate and postgraduate ($12,000) and contribute to the student’s tuition fees.
To be eligible for a Charles Darwin University Scholarship, you must:
-Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or have permanent residency status in Australia;
-Be enrolled or enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at CDU;
-Demonstrate financial need;
-Have achieved excellent academic results; and
-Not have already completed a similar level of study. Charles Darwin University Scholarships 2023 is available in the following subject areas:
-Applied Arts and Design For excellence in visual arts, design, and creative arts disciplines.
-Science: For excellence in science disciplines.
-Business and Information Technology: For excellence in business studies or information technology disciplines.
-Education: For excellence in teaching subjects such as English language learning, maths education, science education, social sciences education, and humanities education.
Students with mobility impairments can demonstrate that they are likely to experience substantial barriers in completing their qualifications without assistance from this scholarship.
For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from the Northern Territory who will study Indigenous Health Sciences (i.e., health sciences including but not limited to medicine, nursing, psychology)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress each semester in the degree at CDU, with a minimum GPA of 5.3 and with no fail grades in any subject;
- The scholarship is neither transferrable for cash nor refundable and cannot be transferred to another person, course, or year
- Awardees must be paying international fees and not domestic fees
- Not withdraw or take a leave of absence from the units or course of study, without prior approval of the Office of International Services;
To apply for the Charles Darwin University Scholarships 2023, simply fill out the online application form. Make sure to include all relevant information, such as your name, contact information, and the name of the school you are currently attending. You will also need to submit a copy of your transcripts. The selection committee will review all applications and award scholarships based on academic merit. All applicants who qualify for this scholarship must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
Charles Darwin University Scholarships 2023 is a competitive scholarship that awards up to 10% of total enrollment fees for one year. In addition, CDU provides funding for research-related expenses and stipends.
Submitting the Scholarship Form
The first step is to get the scholarship form. You can find the form on the Charles Darwin University website. Once you have the form, fill it out and submit it. Make sure you have all the required information before you submit the form. For example, if you're a full-time student then you need your student ID number. If not, then use your student ID number from another university or college. You also need to provide a passport-size photo with a white background. Be sure that this photo is high quality and clear so that it can be scanned. Along with the application form, send three letters of reference from people who know about your academic achievements as well as community involvement.
Charles Darwin University offers a range of scholarships to students each year. The selection process for these scholarships is very competitive, so it's important that you put your best foot forward when applying. The scholarship application form asks for detailed information about you including academic performance, personal details, extracurricular activities, and interests.
You will also need to attach a copy of your current study plan or an estimated study plan showing the subjects in which you are enrolled or planning to enroll in the first semester/year of study after the scholarship commencement date.
There are two types of scholarships available: university awards and departmental awards.
To be eligible for a CDU Scholarship, you must:
-Be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course at CDU
-Have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0 (on a 7.0 point scale) in your most recent semester of study
-Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
-Not be in receipt of another scholarship or grant that covers the same period of study and/or expenses
-Meet any additional criteria specified by the scholarship provider.
The 2023 academic year will be here before you know it, and with it comes the opportunity to apply for scholarships! Here are the important dates you need to keep in mind -Submission Deadline: March 1st, 2023
-Notification of Results: April 15th, 2023
-Successful applicants must confirm their intention to enroll by May 31st, 2023. If an applicant is not able to confirm their intention by this date they will lose their scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for a scholarship?
To apply for a scholarship, you will need to fill out an application form which can be found on the university's website.
- What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be a full-time student enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at CDU.
- When is the application deadline? The deadline for applications is April 15th, 2023. Applications close at 11:59 pm AEST. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Can I submit more than one application?
No, you cannot submit more than one application as it will not allow your submission to go through.
- Who is my contact person if I have any questions about the scholarships?
Official Related Links You Need
You have the best Guide on Immigration, Education, and Employment details for you to Get more out of what you need to know, and it is all free of charge:
Get More Guide - https://bit.ly/ABROAD-IMMIGRATION-CENTER
Immigration - https://bit.ly/IMMIGRATION-CENTER
Education - https://bit.ly/EDUCATION-CENTER
Employment - https://bit.ly/EMPLOYMENT-CENTER
US Immigration - https://bit.ly/US-IMMIGRATION
Applying for scholarships can be a daunting task, but it's worth it if you're looking to further your education. Luckily, we've got all the information you need to know about the 2023 Charles Darwin University Scholarships right here. From eligibility requirements to how to apply, we have everything covered in this blog post. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out in the comments below!