Government of Canada CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program
Here's a fantastic opportunity for you to pursue your academic studies in Canada. Applications for the CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program are currently open to exceptional early-career researchers from across the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to join one of their interdisciplinary research programs that address some of the most critical questions facing science and humanity.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program helps the next generation of research leaders develop more quickly and puts them in a better position to have a more significant effect both within academia and outside of it. You can widen your network, work with others across fields, and investigate cutting-edge concepts with unlimited research support. Join the global network of scholars delving into the most vital issues affecting society and science.
Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program. Meanwhile, this article will explain everything you need to know about the Government of Canada CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about this scholarship program.
About the CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program
CIFAR is supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec, as well as international partner organizations, individuals, foundations, and corporations. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program includes three core components, each contributing toward the development of tomorrow’s research leaders:
- Participating in a CIFAR Research Program – An Interdisciplinary Network of Fellows
- Strengthening Leadership and Communication Skills
- Increasing Impact Within and Outside of Academia
Some examples of potential leadership opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a research project in collaboration with other CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars or CIFAR Fellows
- Organizing a Winter/Summer School aligned with a CIFAR research program
- Leading or contributing to a knowledge mobilization activity with other CIFAR Fellows
- Discussing research with stakeholders in academia, policy, or business to understand different perspectives and influence change
- Writing and publishing an op-ed piece
- Delivering a public lecture
CIFAR (formerly the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research) is a global research organization that combines teams of top researchers worldwide to address critical and complex questions. It was founded in 1982 and is supported by individuals, foundations, and corporations, as well as funding from the Government of Canada and the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec.
CIFAR staff supports more than 400 researchers from 22 countries and more than 130 institutions. Half of the researchers are based in Canada, and half are located abroad. The President and CEO are directly responsible to the Chair and the Board of Directors for funding allocation and approval of research programs. In May 2012, Alan Bernstein became president and CEO. William L. Young is the chair of CIFAR's Board of Directors.CIFAR receives funding from a blend of governments, partnerships (research organizations and universities), the private sector (corporations, foundations, and individuals), and investment income. CIFAR's annual budget in 2018 was $30M. In 2017, CIFAR was chosen to develop and lead the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program.
CIFAR Azrieli, Canada
MaRS Centre, West Tower, Canada
Field(s) of Study:
Applications are invited from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programs across the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities.
$100,000 over two years
Number of Awards:
International students from all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
As a CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholar, you will receive the following:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of leading researchers
- CAD 100,000 in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate, and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training and support to put your skills into action
Eligibility Requirements for the CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
How to Apply
Furthermore, prospective candidates can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program.
- To create an account, please use the Register If you have an existing account, please use the login button. Important Note: Please register or log in by providing your first name, last name, email address, and password. Do NOT register or log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
- Once logged in, please select your purpose from the provided option(s) to proceed to the appropriate submission form.
The application deadline for the scholarship program is on the 25th of October at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7). Moreover, by the 24th of January, Shortlisted finalists are notified and invited to attend a virtual interview. All other applicants will be notified after the finalists have confirmed their attendance.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on eligibility requirements and application instructions for the CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program.
What's Your Reaction?