UK Visitor Visa - The Ultimate Guide to Applying and Meeting the Requirements
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (commonly known as the United Kingdom or UK) is, without a doubt, one of the most desired international destinations in Europe, if not the world. Millions of people from across the globe apply to visit this beautiful country on a yearly basis. However, due to recent changes in immigration laws, UK Visitor Visa applications are harder to come by than they used to be. Before we discuss the best ways to apply for a UK Visitor Visa, let’s look at what it takes to get one!
The UK, or the United Kingdom, as it’s officially known, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Being part of Europe and in close proximity to Asia, Africa and America, the UK has become an attractive holiday destination that receives millions of visitors every year from all over the world. However, if you want to spend more than 3 months in the country and live there for more than 6 months, then you will need to apply for a visa before traveling there. This guide will give you information about what a UK visitor visa is and how to apply for one from anywhere in the world.
The standard visiting visa for the UK is a short-stay visa that permits its bearer to remain in the country for up to six months. But the embassy has the authority to provide visas for a shorter time frame. This visa is available to persons who want to visit the UK for the following reasons:
- To visit family members.
- Medical treatment.
- For professional reasons.
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the following types of visas:
- Family Visitor visa.
- General Visitor visa.
- Child Visitor visa.
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists.
- Sports Visitor visa.
- Entertainer Visitor visa.
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa.
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa.
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa.
What is a Visa ?
A visa is a document which shows that a person is permitted to enter a country, either as a tourist, student or worker. It usually needs to be applied for in advance of travel and can take up to six weeks or more for the visa application process to be completed. For example, if you wish to visit France on holiday, you will need a tourist visa; if you want to study there then you will need a student visa; if you want work there then you will need an employment visa.
About Visiting the Uk
The UK is one of the most popular destinations for travelers from all around the world. A UK visitor visa allows you to stay in the country for up to six months, visit relatives or friends in your time away from home, take part in a business meeting or international conference, or take part in a number of other activities during your stay. If you want to apply for a UK visitor visa, it's important that you know what you need before filling out any forms!
About the United Kingdom Visa
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a sovereign state in Europe, which consists of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It is one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom. Tourists from any other country are required to apply for a UK visitor visa before travelling to this country. A British embassy or consulate outside the UK will be the best place to apply for a UK visitor visa. There are two types of visas: short-term visas (with limited validity) and long-term visas (with unlimited validity).
Decide if you are eligible
The first step in applying for a UK visitor visa is to determine if you are eligible. You will be ineligible if you have ever been refused a UK visa, have a criminal conviction, or do not meet the financial requirements. You also must have an uninterrupted stay at your destination. For example, someone who has visited the UK before but has spent time in other countries would not qualify.
Gather all necessary documents
Bast ways to Apply For a UK Visitor Visa
Here are the thing you should consider when apply for a Uk Visitors Visa, The UK visa must be made from outside the UK and the Earlier you can apply for this Visa is 30 days prior to your planne travel to the UK.
To apply for a visa in the United Kingdom you will go through these Simple Steps.
- Check if you are eligible for a tourist visa.
- Complete the online application form.
- Collect the required documents.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Attend the interview.
Documents required for a UK Tourist visa application
The documents required to apply for a UK tourist visa are as follows:
- UK tourist visa application form VAF1A. You should complete the form online.
- Two photographs in accordance with the UK guidelines. They should be taken within the past six months and be in color.
- Your valid passport with at least one blank page. It must be valid for three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip.
- Proof of financial means to cover living costs while you are in the UK. This may be your bank statements for the last six months or payslips for the same period.
- Specifics about your accommodation in the UK. You will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the UK. Note that you do not have to fully pay a hotel/hostel in UK before getting the visa, just to get such a document. This could also be:
- ID information and living address of a person covering your travel costs.
- ID information and passport number of any relative living here.
Detailed travel itinerary. It has to contain dates of your onward and backward travel. Submit a travel plan that gives all the information regarding how and what you are planning to do in the UK. Include the travel dates, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, etc.
- Previous travel history. This has to cover the period of the last 10 years. It can be proven through visas and entry/exit border stamps in current and older passports, or through separate residence titles.
- Specifics about your living address in the home country. Also, you’ve to show how long you’ve been living there.
- Biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
- Letter of invitation from the host.
- Paid UK visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required.
- Certified translations of any document that is not in either English or Welsh.
- Recognized certificate of English language.
- Your criminal history.
- If you are a student: Academic and professional certificates.
- The names and birthdates of your natural/adoptive parents. This has to be supported by information about the number of their annual earnings.
- If you are employed in your home country: Contact and information of your existing employer.
- Tuberculosis Test Results. Nationals of several world countries will need to submit the requests of a Tuberculosis Test in order to be eligible for a UK Visa. Check here if you need to provide the TB test results.
Who can apply for a Uk Visitors Visa
Any person holding a passport from a country not included in the UK's list of excluded countries can apply for a visitor visa. In order to get a visit visa, you need to show that you have enough money for your stay in the UK and will leave when your visa expires. You should also show that you are strong enough not to be likely to impose on public funds or do anything which would make it difficult for you to leave when your visa expires.
Complete the application form
Once you have determined the purpose of your visit, you will need to complete an application form for a UK visitor visa. If you are not sure what type of visa is appropriate for your purpose, please contact us for more information.
A valid passport is needed in order to apply for a UK visitor visa; this must be submitted along with other supporting documents (such as proof of funds) at the time of application.
Additional Document to Submit Depending on your purpose of Visit
However, If you’re an academic who is expecting to complete an exchange or research project in the UK:
official letter from a company's native nation.
It must demonstrate that you have received permission to quit your work in order to participate in an exchange program or research project in the UK. It must include the dates of any permitted leave.
Formal letter of the host institution/organization in the UK.
It must show in written they’ve made the needed arrangements for the specified exchange or research project.
If you plan to receive private medical care in the UK:
- Letter confirming your medical condition.
Issued by a UK doctor/consultant, naming your disease and the need for the cure in the UK. It has to also show costs, place and the period of private cure.
- Proof of having paid the complete costs of medical care.
- Letter confirming you need further care.
(If you’re applying for a visa extension). Issued by a UK doctor/consultant confirming you need further treatment of the disease. It must be accompanied with documents showing you have got the money to pay costs of such treatment.
If you’re expecting to give your organ to a person in need in the UK:
a letter stating that you are a donor match or outlining the requirement for donor match testing. The principal nurse/team leader of the NHS Trust's living donor kidney transplant program in the UK, or a licensed physician serving as an NHS consultant, must issue it. The location and timing of the testing or transplant must be specified.
evidence that the organ recipient is a UK resident. British passport photocopy or valid residency permit for the UK for your organ recipient.
Evidence that the organ recipient will arrive in the UK before the scheduled transplant. (If the organ recipient is located outside of the UK.) information about how they got to the UK, their name, nationality, and birthdate.
If you are here with the goal of starting a business in the United Kingdom at some point in the future:
- Support letter from venture capital firms in the UK. The firm issuing it must be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Letter of support from an endorsed UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions.
- Supportive letter from UK departments.
If you’re expecting to attend a Professional Training/Assessment:
- Confirmation letter for an arranged PLAB or OSCE test. (If you’re expecting to sit a PLAB/OSCE test). It must be issued by a General Medical Council & Nursing and Midwifery Council, confirming that the test has been arranged.
- Formal job offer as a clinician/dental observer. (If applicable). It must not be a gainful job and you must not have worked before in the same job position.
What are the Payment Fee Requirement
The application fee is £65 per person (or £32.50 for a child under 18). This fee includes one free postal application. Additional postal applications will be charged at £32.50 per person or £16.25 for a child under 18 per application. Payment can be made by credit/debit card online or you can also pay in cash at a branch of Post Office Ltd in pounds sterling, euro, Australian dollars, US dollars, Canadian dollars or New Zealand dollars. If paying in cash, you must quote your reference number when making payment.
Print out appointment letter
After receiving the confirmation email, print out your appointment letter. Bring this with you on your first day at the application centre. This will make it easier for staff to verify that you are eligible for a UK visitor visa. On your first visit, remember to bring: 1) Your passport; 2) Passport-sized photos of yourself; 3) Proof of onward travel; 4) Any other documents they request (e.g., invitation letter).
Go to a biometric centre
- You need to print off a form known as an ‘Application for a Biometrics Visa’ from this website.
- Fill it in with your personal details, including your date of birth, gender, full name and address. - Take 2 passport photographs (you will be given a photograph voucher when you go to the biometric centre).
- Include copies of any supporting documents that you have.
- Finally, make sure you have completed all sections on the application form and sign it.
The UK tourist visa process is lengthy but is worth completing if you are planning on staying in the UK for longer than 6 months. It takes time, effort and money but with the right preparation you should find that the process is manageable.
A UK visitor visa is a permit that allows someone from outside of the EU to enter the country for a temporary visit. There are many criteria that must be met in order to get a UK visitor visa, but if you do meet these requirements then it is likely that your application will be approved. In order to apply for a UK visitor visa, you must have an accepted sponsor who lives in Britain, or have enough money saved up so you can support yourself while visiting.