Bank of America Johannesburg Winter Internship Program 2023
Bank of America is looking for interns to participate in its winter internship program. The deadline for applications is February 15th. If you are interested in being a part of this exciting opportunity, please fill out the application below.
As part of a team, you'll receive valuable hands-on training and mentoring as you work on live business projects. During the program, you will network with senior leaders and get involved in community projects that contribute to local communities. You'll develop valuable skills, gain insight into a career at Bank of America and experience our culture firsthand.
About Bank of America Johannesburg Winter Internship Program
The Bank of America Johannesburg Winter Internship Program is a three-month-long, paid internship in the digital banking industry. The program is open to students currently enrolled in college or university and will begin at the end of March 2020.
The internship offers you the chance to gain real-world experience working on cutting-edge technologies that are used by millions of people around the world every day. You'll work alongside talented professionals from across our global organization as well as learn about new technologies like blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI).
You'll also get hands-on training from experienced professionals who have worked at Bank Of America for years—and who can teach you how everything works!
- Application Deadline: 7th November 2022
- Job ID: 8809
- Eligible Field(s): Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Winter Analyst Programme
- Type: Internship
- Eligibility: Each program has individual requirements. However, to be considered for any program, you must be currently enrolled in a college/university or advanced degree program.
- Eligible Countries: countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa
- To be Taken at (Country): Johannesburg, South Africa
- Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
As a Bank of America Johannesburg Winter intern participant, you can expect to:
- Experience the work and culture of the whole organization
- Develop key skills, including tools to navigate the recruitment process
- Gain insight into the business areas where internships are available
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a college student (i.e., enrolled full time) at an accredited university in the United States of America.
- Be a citizen of the United States and have lived at least one year in your state or territory prior to enrolling at your school as an undergraduate student. If you are currently studying abroad or living out-of-state/out-of-country for academic reasons, please contact us directly before applying so we can determine whether or not you meet these criteria!
- Meet our minimum GPA requirement by bringing your most recent transcript from each of your colleges/universities together with a letter from each school confirming their acceptance into this program and stating what classes were taken during summer break between semesters; this will serve as proof that all other requirements were met correctly!
To be eligible for this program, you must have/be
To be eligible for this program, you must have:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a current student at an accredited university
If you meet these requirements, please submit the following documents to apply: 1) essay on why you want to intern at Bank of America; 2) transcript from your university showing that you're currently enrolled and in good academic standing with no grade below B+.
Job Description and Program Summary
Our Winter Analyst program is created to give you a wide-ranging and engaging look at working in investment banking. You will be exposed to a variety of industry, nation, or product coverage teams during your internship.
The division of investment banking is divided into teams for each region, industry, and product. Consumer and retail, natural resources, financial institutions, financial sponsors, healthcare, multi-industries, real estate, gaming and leisure, as well as technology, media, and telecommunications are just a few of the industry coverage teams. Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance, and Leveraged Finance are examples of product teams.
All regions of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) are represented by country coverage teams, which are partially or entirely based in regional offices. The investment banking division counsels our clients' CEOs, CFOs, and boards of directors on strategic issues like capital structure and mergers and acquisitions.
Our top priorities are your training and development, and we offer structured support while you work as well as networking opportunities, educational speaker events, and mentorship all throughout.
How to Apply for the Winter Internship Position at Bank of America in Johannesburg
The first thing you need to do is discover what works best for you.
We respect and value diversity, including that which exists in thought, in style, in culture, in ethnicity, and in experience. Therefore, there is no predetermined type of candidate that we are looking for. First and foremost, we're looking for someone who has a genuine interest in our company. Candidates who are able to demonstrate a high standard of academic, professional, and extracurricular skills along with integrity, the ability to work in a team, and leadership ability will always be of interest to our programs.
Certain positions do, in fact, call for candidates to satisfy particular linguistic or technical requirements before they can be considered eligible. You can learn more about each program by looking at the specific job descriptions listed for each position. We encourage you to let a member of the campus recruiting team know if you require any particular support or adjustments while the process is underway if you require any specific support or adjustments.
As an Intern, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product and country coverage groups providing you with a unique learning opportunity
- Help the team deliver solutions to clients leveraging full spectrum of the Bank's capabilities
- Actively contribute to the preparation of client presentations and underlying financial analysis
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career opportunities
- Through our unique pooling system, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple areas, giving you a broad understanding of the investment banking profession and offer you the chance to explore your best fit for a full-time placement
- Candidates are required to be in their penultimate year of study toward a degree from an institution of higher education that has been officially recognized.
- Excellent grades at A-level and on track to achieve at least a 2:1 in the degree classification (or equivalent)
- The ability to communicate fluently in English is necessary for all of our roles.
- Knowledge of certain regions, such as sub-Saharan Africa, Russia, and China, is necessary for specific roles within Emerging Markets. This is necessary so that support in the marketing of products, as well as advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region, can be provided.
- You will need to show initiative, creativity, and a genuine interest in the financial markets to be considered.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and interact with a diverse group of people are important qualities, as are teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills, as well as creativity.
- demonstrating abilities in analysis and finding solutions to problems
- Having an impact on decisions and results by virtue of one's ability to communicate and interact with others effectively
- Providing evidence of one's integrity and ethics by gaining the trust and respect of others through maintaining a high level of professionalism and candor in all interactions
How many hours do banking interns work?
Interns in investment banking work long hours and often average between 70-80 working hours per week.
Is it hard to get an internship at a bank?
How easy is it to get an internship in an investment bank? It's not easy. Goldman Sachs had 202,000 intern applications last year and an acceptance rate of 1.4%. JPMorgan says it had 270,855 applications for 4,604 internships globally, an acceptance rate of 1.7%.
Do banks hire interns?
Banks offer internship opportunities to students who have completed their formal education. Banks allow interns to spend a short time working on live projects, assisting senior employees, and gaining knowledge, skills, and insight about the crucial aspects of a career in banking.
What do you learn in a banking internship?
In the internship, you assist full-time Analysts and Associates with everything imaginable, ranging from menial tasks such as ordering food and coffee to tasks requiring more thought, such as presentations, financial modeling, and deal analysis.
Do summer interns get bonuses?
About 14% of employers said they use signing bonuses to help convert interns into full-time employees. Among employers who held an internship during the summer of 2020, approximately 72% did so virtually.
What do I do if I didn't get a summer internship?
What to do if you can't get an internship
- Expand your search. Have you only applied to the big names?
- Volunteer. Volunteering looks great on your CV.
- Complete a short course or qualification. As another option, you could consider doing a short course or extra educational qualification.
- Side projects.
The internship is a 14-week program that offers you the chance to learn more about working at a bank while also gaining experience in your field of study. The program is open to college students and non-students alike, but eligibility requirements can vary depending on the selected bank.
The deadline for applications varies from one bank to another, but all deadlines are typically set five months before the start date of each class; this means that if you want to participate in any of these programs in Johannesburg then don’t delay as there may not be any more seats available!