Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships for International Students at TU Delft
Another excellent scholarship for international students who wish to study abroad in 2023. This is an exciting opportunity if you've been dreaming of studying in the Netherlands on a scholarship. Applications for the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships are currently open to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies at TU Delft in the Netherlands.
The Delft University of Technology offers several excellence scholarship programs for international students. The Justus & Louise van Effen Scholarship is one of those programs, and it aims to financially support excellent international MSc students wishing to study at TU Delft. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
This article will explain everything you need to know about the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships
Numerous scholarships at TU Delft are offered to deserving international students. Excellence in Justus & Louise Van Effen The Justus and Louise van Effen legacies are used to provide scholarships. In the 1940s, Mr. van Effen attended TU Delft and firmly believed that technological advancements could help address societal problems. To encourage outstanding international MSc students and financially support them in their desire to attend TU Delft, the Foundation Justus & Louise van Effen was founded.
The Delft University of Technology, also known as TU Delft, is the oldest and largest Dutch public technical university in Delft, Netherlands. As of 2022, it is ranked by QS World University Rankings among the world's top 10 engineering and technology universities. In architecture and civil engineering, it was ranked 2nd in the world after MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
TU Delft is ranked a top university for engineering and technology worldwide, being positioned for this subject at 10th place in 2022 by QS World University Rankings, at 21st place in 2022 by Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and respectively 21st and 7th place for engineering and civil engineering accordingly in 2020 by U.S. News & World Report Best Global University Ranking. In the field of Civil & Structural Engineering, TU Delft has been ranked among the world's top 2 in 2020, in the field of Architecture among the world's top 3 since 2017, and in the field of Mechanical Engineering in the top 4 since 2019 by QS World University Rankings.
Furthermore, here's an overview of the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships.
Delft University of Technology
Delft University of Technology
Postgraduate (Master's degree)
Field(s) of Study:
2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programs
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
2/3 per faculty
1st December 2022
TU Delft will provide the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships recipients with the following inclusions:
The scholarship includes full tuition per year for a TU Delft MSc program based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
Eligibility Requirements for the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
- You are an excellent international applicant (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft MSc programs (not a Joint Education Programme).
- You have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher on the maximum scale.
- You have a bachelor's degree from an internationally renowned university outside the Netherlands.
- You have submitted a complete MSc application before the scholarship deadline.
How to Apply
You must complete an online application for an MSc program before 1 December 2022 (23:59 CET). In addition to all the regular documents for an MSc program application, you must simultaneously upload a scholarship application form and supporting documents. You can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships.
- Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form
- Upload two reference letters
- You can upload your reference letters during your MSc application (as one PDF document) according to the indicated requirement.
- You can request reference letters from your referee(s). Fill out the information about your referee/s and invite them using the ‘send invitation button. The referee(s) will receive an automatic email inviting him/her to upload a reference for you.
- You can combine both procedures. E.g., 1 upload and 1 referee request.
- Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application.
- Reference letters will not be accepted after the Scholarship deadline.
- Upload the English language certificate. Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships.