Luxembourg Schengen Visa Requirements
Many Luxembourg Schengen country's applicants don't know the actual requirements for their Visa, this article brings all the requirements for Schengen member’s countries, and how to apply, some likely questions from applicants are all here in this article.
Luxembourg is a small, hilly country full of forests between France, Germany, and Belgium. Its stunning medieval capital is an important financial center. To travel to Luxembourg for a short trip lasting fewer than 90 days, you will need a Luxembourg Schengen Visa, as it is part of the Schengen Area of European countries that have abolished border controls between each other. Below are the visa requirements for Schengen countries:
Luxembourg Schengen Visa Requirements
Documents for a Luxembourg Schengen visa application must be filled in using capital letters and completed or translated through an official translator into English, French, or German.
Applicant recent passport
- Valid for at least 3 months after the expiration of the requested visa
- the Previous passport, if applicable
- At least 2 blank pages
- With the applicant’s signature
- Not more than 10 years old
- Taken within the past 6 months
- Forward-facing with facial features visible and clear
- Size 3.5 x 4.5 cm
- Plain white background
- Completed application form
3. Biometric data (Fingerprints)
4. Luxembourg Visa fee
3)Documents pertinent to your trip
- Reason for travel to Luxembourg
- Flight reservations
- Travel Itinerary or plan
- Proof of return to the country of residence or forward ticket to another country
- Proof of financial means (bank statements over the last 3-month period, personal properties, and other assets)
- Proof of accommodations (with booking reference number, location, and contact number of the hotel)
Travel medical insurance
- Valid in all Schengen countries
- A minimum coverage of 30,000 EUR must be purchased
- Insurance conditions such as validity, duration, and extent of your coverage to be clearly stated on the
- Valid through the entire visa period
- confirmation letter or insurance document
Employment letter with the following information:
- Starting date of employment
- Purpose of travel
- Duration of time off from work for travel
- Name and address of employer
- Nature of employment
Scans (copies) of:
- Residence permits (if relevant).
- Personal ID page of the passport.
- Older Schengen visas (if relevant).
Applicants below the age of 18 are required to submit the following additional requirements:
Copy of birth certificate
- If the minor applicant's parents are divorced, divorce papers are required
- If the minor applicant's parents are deceased, death certificates are required
- Letter of consent from both parents or legal guardians
- Passport copies of both parents or legal guardians
- If the minor applicant is adopted, adoption documents are required
- It may also be necessary to submit supplementary documents about your travel visa application.
Luxembourg Visa Fees
The standard fee for the application for a Luxembourg Schengen visa is 80 EUR. However, particular applicants are exempted from fees, such as most student visas and visas for children below the age of 6. Applicants will probably have to pay a separate, non-refundable service payment with their application.
Luxembourg Visa Application Steps
- Prepare all the required documents.
- Select “Tourism” as the reason for travel on the visa application form.
- Decide the number of entries needed to Luxembourg or the Schengen area.
- Fill out the application form.
Application procedures for a Luxembourg Schengen visa may vary, depending on where you are applying. Check your selected consulate’s website to determine the methods for using.
Applicants can complete and print the online form, which can be accessed here.
Submit the paper copy to the Luxembourg Consulate or visa processing center.
Schedule a visa appointment, if applicable.
Most applications require an in-person appointment at the nearest Luxembourg Consulate or visa center to apply. Alternatively, applications may be submitted without prior work during regular operating hours.
Contact the Luxembourg Consulate or visa center to determine if there is a need to schedule an appointment.
Submit your Luxembourg Schengen visa application.
The applicants are to submit the applications at least 15 days before the date of travel but not earlier than 6 months before the date of travel.
Generally, applications are to submit personally to the Luxembourg Consulate or visa processing center. However, there may be a few differences in the submission procedures.
Applicants are to submit their fingerprints (biometric data). Children below the age of 12 are exempted from biometric data collection. Applicants who submitted their fingerprints within the last 59 months will likely not be asked to resubmit.
Applicants are to note that they will come back on another date for an interview regarding their trip.
Pay the visa application fee.
When to Apply for Luxembourg Schengen Visa
Visa applications must be submitted at least 15 days before the travel date but no earlier than 6 months before the travel date.
Where to Apply
The applicants are to apply in person either through the Luxembourg Consulate or the consulate of a country that represents the consular affairs of Luxembourg.
In countries without any Luxembourg consulate, applicants are to apply to a Schengen state consulate representing the interests of a Luxembourg consulate.
You are to apply only in your country of citizenship or residence.
A valid reason is needed for applicants who must submit through a consulate or visa processing center in a country where they are legally present but not a resident. Good reasons include staying lawfully in a country on a valid permit or visa and that the consulate has accepted the reason for applying through them and has decided to process your application.
Applicants can check for the locations of Luxembourg Consulates and visa application centers here. Please note that the website is in French.
Luxembourg Visa Processing Time
Generally, it takes approximately 15 days to process Luxembourg Schengen visa applications. However, sometimes, it might take as long as 45 days.
For approved visa applications
- Applicants must ensure that the information on the visa is complete and valid upon collection.
- Applicants who have received their Schengen Visa for Luxembourg should remember the following things:
- Inform the Luxembourg Consulate or visa application center of any change to your itinerary after submission of the application.
- The approval of a Schengen visa does not guarantee entry upon arrival to Luxembourg or other countries in the Schengen area.
- The applicants must obtain additional financial means or accommodation documents to enter Luxembourg or other Schengen areas.
For denied Luxembourg visa applications:
If they reject your Luxembourg Schengen application, your legal representative has the right to appeal the decision within three months.
The appeal process begins by picking up the standard-issued visa refusal form, which also details the reason for the rejection and the procedures of the appeal process.
The applicant can appeal to a court lawyer at the administrative tribunal.
A non-refundable fee must be paid for the appeal to be processed.
Steps to follow when applying for a Luxembourg Schengen Visa
Work out which Luxembourg Schengen Visa type you need based on the purpose of your travel. Collect the required documents for a visa to Luxembourg. Make a visa appointment with the embassy, consulate, or a Luxembourg-accredited visa application center in your home country. Attend the visa interview at the appropriate embassy, consulate, or visa application center. Wait for the approval of your vias - you can also track your application.
Some likely Questions from Applicant
Who needs a Schengen Visa to enter Luxembourg?
If you are traveling to Luxembourg, you will need a Schengen Visa if you are a citizen of a non-Schengen country without a visa-free travel agreement with the area or if you have been refused visa-free travel.
How do I apply for a Schengen Visa to Luxembourg?
In addition to your completed visa application form, you will need two recently taken passport-style photos, a passport, or other travel documents less than ten years old and valid for at least three months after you depart from the Schengen Area.
You will also need travel and medical insurance covering you up to costs of €30,000, a cover letter stating you're itinerary and the purpose of your visit, as well as a flight itinerary and proof of accommodation during your stay, proof of your civil status, like a marriage certificate, and proof you have means of subsistence during your stay.
What is the minimum amount for an Applicant to Qualify for Schengen Visa?
The amount you need to show you have will vary from country to country. Those planning to work or study will need additional documents. Proof of sufficient financial means is also required, but Luxembourg does not stipulate an official amount. You can do this by showing bank statements, hotel bookings, and your income or investments are enough to support yourself during your stay.
Where do I apply for a Luxembourg Visa?
You will need to apply to the Luxembourg embassy or consulate in your country of residence or a visa application center acting on their behalf. Luxembourg's preferred official visa partner is VFS Global, so that they may work on Luxembourg’s behalf in your country.
How long does it take to get a Luxembourg Schengen Visa?
The processing time for a Luxembourg Schengen Visa may take up to 15 days in a normal situation - but it could take up to 60 days to be issued in extreme circumstances. You can apply for your visa up to six months before you travel.
Why choose AXA Schengen Insurance?
Those traveling to the Schengen Area, including Luxembourg, need travel cover, and AXA’s Low-Cost Travel Insurance only costs €0.99 ($1.11) per day of your trip and will meet your visa requirements. At the same time, AXA Schengen Europe Travel Insurance offers extended coverage up to costs of €100,000.
Those seeking a multiple-entry visa can purchase the Multi-Trip insurance from €298 per year, which again covers you for expenses up to €100,000.
Official Related Links You Need
You have the best Guide on Immigration, Education, and Employment details for you to Get more out of what you need to know, and it is all free of charge:
Get More Guide - https://bit.ly/ABROAD-IMMIGRATION-CENTER
Immigration - https://bit.ly/IMMIGRATION-CENTER
Education - https://bit.ly/EDUCATION-CENTER
Employment - https://bit.ly/EMPLOYMENT-CENTER
US Immigration - https://bit.ly/US-IMMIGRATION
Luxembourg Schengen Visa Requirements is an article from "Mouthy Tech" that provides a picture of the required documents for Luxembourg Schengen visas.
However, the post spelled out the Schengen visa requirements, travel insurance, visa fees, visa application steps, where to apply, how to apply, some likely questions, etc.